Decking, Raised Paving & Bridged Pond
Summit Landscapes were asked to complete a landscaping project at the rear of a large, stylish property in Great Shelford.
The client wanted a large, low-maintenance, outdoor seating area at the back of the house to be used for al fresco dining, relaxing and entertaining. The paved area had to complement the contemporary style of the property and be raised to meet the level of the back door and french windows.
The main feature of the project is a unique bridged double pond with underwater uplighting and a foaming water feature that lines up with the contemporary stairwell windows of the house, so it becomes the main focal point of the garden when viewed from every angle, inside and out.
The double pond was placed between 40m² composite Millboard decking and 60m² of raised paving that is joined by a unique Millboard decking bridge. The decking was bordered on one side with raised blockwork beds that were rendered, painted white and filled with nutrient-rich topsoil.
Composite Millboard Decking
– Cleared and excavated 40m² area
– Removed all of the waste from the site
– Laid Geotextile membrane to eliminate any future growth of weeds under the decking
– Constructed a treated timber sub-frame with concrete spot foundations, a 100mm air void, and hidden fixings
– Millboard 400mm spaced composite decking panels cut and laid
Raised Italian Porcelain Paving
– Excavated a 60m² area using a digger
– Altered the level to allow for water runoff
– Laid a 75mm compacted limestone base
– Laid a 40mm continuous mortar mix
– Paved light grey non-porous Italian porcelain tiles with resin-based grout
Blockwork Raised Beds
– Dug out two 14m trenches with an excavator
– Poured concrete foundations with C35-strength concrete
– Constructed beds three blocks high and beaded, ready for rendering
– Given a scratch coat and then finished with JUB waterproof render
Bridged Double Pond
– Dug out a 6m x 2m trench with an excavator
– Internal wall was built inside the trench using dense concrete blocks
– Lined bottom of pool with concrete and waterproof admixture
– Inside and outside of pool rendered with a waterproof liquid liner system
– Installed three foaming fountains with pumps and water filters
– Inspection hatch built into composite decking for maintenance of the pool’s electrics
– Framework constructed over the pool that holds the composite decking bridge in place
CALL US ON 01223 929394 FOR A QUOTE
Featured in The Cambridge Independent
Approved Installers & Trade Associations
Who We Have Worked With
01223 929394 | email@example.com
All Landscaping Images on this website belong to Summit Landscapes and are subject to Copyright.